Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Vintage Print Eyewear Case

sunglasses pouch
For some time now, I have wanted to make this little case for my glasses.  I was inspired by A Beautiful Mess’s Cotton + Leather Clutch DIY.  I thought that was brilliant idea, but like any crafter, I wanted to re-create it to meet my need, so I left out the leather part and simply used the fabric I had on hand.  I also did not want an exact replica, so I opt to make my image look like an old tee shirt print and it worked!

For this nifty little project, I used:


- 2 cotton fabric pieces 6 x 8 inches

- 2 printed fabric pieces 6 x 8 inches for the inside
- zipper shortest length available
- ruler
- scissors
- 1 adhesive felt sheet (white) 4 x 6 inch
- transfer paper
- sewing machine or Liquid Stitch/ Heat Bond
- iron
Inspirations by D

1. Select the image you want to use for this project, then print a 4 x 6 inch size to your transfer paper, use your product instructions.  Cut your image as seen in #2 below leaving 1/4 inch space on all sides. 
2. Iron your image to your cotton fabric sheet.
3. Sew the back, plain fabric to the front fabric.
4. Place the felt piece to the back part of your photo piece fabric.  

www.Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com

5. Continue to sew the other two sides leaving the top open.
6. When felt is on the fabric, you may flip the case inside out so the felt is now inside of the pouch.

www.Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.comDSC_1987DSC_1990www.Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com

Now this is the hard part. To get this right, you may want to watch this video, I found it more helpful than the others and wish I would have discovered it before.  It would have saved some time. Anyway, I didn't have regular pins, so I used the safety ones. Here you will attach your zipper. Watch the video to know how to attach the zipper, trust me it's better.

www.Inspirationsbyd.blogspot.com
sunglasses case
sunglasses case

And there you have it.  Amateur vintage style case. 
Hope that you enjoy and Happy Crafting!






Pin It button on image hover